Saturday, December 1, 2007

View of Mountains

A view from my window that I will never tire of. If I could stay in this apartment for the rest of my life, these mountains will not lose their appeal for me for every minute is not the same. Rains come, clouds move in and lodge themselves inbetween the mountains, the sun shines and makes the clouds and mists disappear, the sky changes from grey to blue. So much variety in scenery, how wonderful!

For a few minutes each day, just before nightfall, we noticed that there was always a burst of golden sunlight illuminating the sky. It was as if the sun was giving out its final glow to bid farewell for the day. This must be twilight, that precious moment before day passes completely into night. Twilight that we somehow do not pay attention to in the hustle and bustle of city living because we spend a better part of our lives in air-conditioned buildings and seldom look at the sky around this time of the day.

No comments: